Since 2002 Andy Griffin has been in the construction industry building nationwide. Having worked for Western Pennsylvania general contractors Andy knows what a quality building is supposed to be. Additionally, Andy is a member of the two largest home inspection associations in the nation, the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) and the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). Andy is also a Certified Master Inspector (CMI) by the Master Inspector Certification Board certified as a National Standard General Contractor Class A (2011) by the International Code Council (ICC) and is certified by American Home Inspector Training Institute (AHIT).
As a company, Griffin Inspection Services meets and exceeds all industry regulations set by the State. With his construction industry experience and his training, Andy sets himself above other companies.
- Committed to ensuring that you as a home buyer is purchasing a quality home in the Pittsburgh region.
- Committed to ensuring that you as a home buyer is purchasing a safe home in the Pittsburgh region.
- Certified member of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
- Member of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Complies with a Standards of Practice and Code of conduct set forth by InterNACHI
- Complies with the InterNACHI & ASHI continuing education policy and completes 24 hours per year.
- Insured to mandated requirements. Feel free to request a copy of the home inspection insurance for verification.
- Has real world and hands on construction experience in both residential and commercial construction.
- Has worked on construction projects nationwide and interacted with all construction trades on a daily basis.
- Certified as a National Standard General Contractor Class A by the International Code Council (2011)
- Certified through classroom training from American Home Inspector Training Institute (AHIT)
- Pennsylvania requires that home inspectors are a full member in good standing with a national, not-for-profit home inspection association.
- Pennsylvania requires that a home inspector must comply with a code of conduct and attend continuing education as an ongoing condition of membership.
- Home inspectors are prohibited from performing repairs on the same house he or she inspected within the preceding 12 months.
- The party selling the property that is the subject of the inspection has the right to receive a free copy of the report upon request.
- Home inspectors must maintain insurance against errors and omissions and general liability coverage.
(For the state requirements click this LINK)