A seller’s or pre-listing home inspection in Pittsburgh is a home inspection that sellers can use find out the true condition of their home prior to a buyer’s inspector looking at it. The purpose of the inspection is to identify any major defects in the systems of the home that may cause extensive negotiations or even sink the deal. This will give the seller time to evaluate the issues and either correct them or price the home accordingly.
Here are the advantages of having a pre-listing or seller’s inspection in Pittsburgh performed:
- The inspection report will help the seller see their home through the eyes of an unbiased third party, which will help give more confidence in the asking price.
- The seller can schedule the inspection at their convenience.
- The agent and seller will be alerted to any immediate safety issues discovered, before other agents and potential buyers tour the home.
- If any issues are found it will permit the seller time to shop for competitively-priced contractors to make any necessary repairs
- If any issues are found it will permit the seller to attach repair estimates, or paid invoices, to the inspection report so buyers will be aware that the issues were addressed
- The inspection report can help relieve a prospective buyer’s unfounded suspicions and concerns before they walk away from an otherwise great deal.
- It makes the selling and buying process go smoother because there are no “gotcha” moments once the house is under agreement
- Remove over-inflated, buyer-procured repair estimates from the last minute negotiation table
The seller’s inspection service that Griffin Inspection Services LLC, offers includes the following items: Roof, vents, flashings and trim, gutters ,downspouts, skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations, decks, stoops, porches, walkways, railings, eaves, soffits and fascias, grading and drainage, basement, foundation, crawlspace, water penetration, foundation movement, heating systems, cooling systems, main water shut off valves, water heating systems, Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets, drainage sump pumps with accessible floats, electrical service lines and meter box, main disconnects and service amperage, electrical panels, breakers and fuses, grounding and bonding, GFCI’s and AFCI’s, fireplace damper door and hearth, Insulation and ventilation, garage doors, safety sensors and openers, radon testing and pest inspections are available upon request and are completed by a third party in conjunction with the inspection.