Since 2002 Andy Griffin has been in the construction industry building nationwide. Having worked for Western Pennsylvania general contractors Andy knows what a quality building is supposed to be. Additionally, Andy is a member of the two largest home inspection associations in the nation, the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) and the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). Andy is also certified as a National Standard General Contractor Class A (2011) by the International Code Council (ICC) and is certified by American Home Inspector Training Institute (AHIT).
As a company, Griffin Inspection Services meets and EXCEEDS all industry regulations set by the State. With his construction industry experience and his training, Andy sets himself above other companies.
- Committed to ensuring that you as a home buyer is purchasing a quality home in the Pittsburgh region.
- Committed to ensuring that you as a home buyer is purchasing a safe home in the Pittsburgh region.
- Certified member of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
- Member of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Complies with a Standards of Practice and Code of conduct set forth by InterNACHI
- Complies with the InterNACHI & ASHI continuing education policy and completes 24 hours per year.
- Insured to mandated requirements. Feel free to request a copy of the home inspection insurance for verification.
- Has real world and hands on construction experience in both residential and commercial construction.
- Has worked on construction projects nationwide and interacted with all construction trades on a daily basis.
- Certified as a National Standard General Contractor Class A by the International Code Council (2011)
- Certified through classroom training from American Home Inspector Training Institute (AHIT)
- Pennsylvania requires that home inspectors are a full member in good standing with a national, not-for-profit home inspection association.
- Pennsylvania requires that a home inspector must comply with a code of conduct and attend continuing education as an ongoing condition of membership.
- Home inspectors are prohibited from performing repairs on the same house he or she inspected within the preceding 12 months.
- The party selling the property that is the subject of the inspection has the right to receive a free copy of the report upon request.
- Home inspectors must maintain insurance against errors and omissions and general liability coverage.
(For the state requirements click this LINK)